Tuesday, June 7, 2011

55word original composition

Always there

Oxygen. You use it to breathe. Your first breathe with birth. Your last breathe with dead. Something you can't see is so essential to living. Awake, I could breathe. Alone, I breathed. Its always been there. With family. After friends abandoned me. I breathe. So why, throughout my life have I felt like I've been suffocating.

J.C

He sent my cousin to the hospital. I was fourteen.

Set him on fire, told him to just die.

And my cousin did, two months after i turned fifteen.

Put on trial when I was sixteen. Evidence revealed at seventeen, Enough for twenty-five to life. Five months till i turn eighteen. I'm still waiting.

The youth of today

You are killing today's generation. Watch your children fall. Your hearts full of lies, souls piled up for sale. They give themselves up so easily. Chained up so young and naive. And we sit back and watch the show. Our hearts full of pride. Nothing can stop them now. Nothing can faze them now.

Save you?

Falling and they have no control. Your children stand tall and broken. Hiding it all away, they go away broken and we are the generation that's supposed to save the world. Save the world? We can’t even save ourselves. I think I'll let you drown in the desperation of the world you created for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment